Dr. Mikhail Blagosklonny is a scientist who has specialized in the study of cancer and aging. He has had tremendous contribution in oncology as well as how to lengthen human life. As a professor of Oncology at Rosewell Park Cancer Institute, he uncovered a lot of data on cancer. Some of the biggest contributions include the significant role of Rapamycin and Sirolimus.
Some of the uses of Rapamycin and Sirolimus include:
- Due to its low toxicity level towards the kidneys, it is an active drug during the organ transplant. It helps in preventing long-term kidney failure due to the toxicity of the typical drugs used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation.
- The patients suffering from Hemolytic-uremic syndrome have high chances of contracting the same disease even after the kidney transplant. However, the drug significantly reduced the chances due to its low toxicity level.
- It’s an effective drug for treating a rare lung disease that affects women during childbirth known as LAM.
- It is used in the coating of the coronary stents.
- Sirolimus has excellent antiproliferative properties. As such is one drug that has shown great promise in treating cancer patients.
- Research has shown that Rapamycin is efficient in treating Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. It is a congenital disorder that affects the brain, heart, kidney as well, as other parts of the body.
- Rapamycin is used in the form of creams, gels or ointments to treat facial angiofibromas. These are butterfly-like rashes that occur on the face, nose, cheeks of a patient.
- Sirolimus has also proven to be effective in treating Alzheimer’s disease by reducing the brain Lesions.
- In the treatment of Muscular Dystrophy. Research is still being conducted whereby the drug is showing promise as being a possible cure for the disease.
- Research is still underway on how Rapamycin can be used to increase longevity. He already has used the drug to see its effects on mice, and it proved to grow their ability to deal with tuberculosis.
Rapamycin is one drug that has shown to be a game changer in the field of medicine. Research is still being conducted to test just how useful the drug is.Dr. Mikhail who acquired his bachelors and Ph.D. from Pavlov State Medical University has dedicated his experience and knowledge to studying antiaging and cancer. The professor is a philanthropist who is committed to making sure that the best cancer treatment is not just a luxury for the affluent in the society. He firmly believes that the medical field can come up with a cancer treatment option that is available to everyone in the world despite their socioeconomic standard.
According to Mikhail Blagosklonny, most of the current cancer treatment is not only expensive but also has a detrimental effect on the healthy body cells. Therefore, he is in research for a treatment option that will eliminate the cancerous cells while preserving the healthy cells. Dr. Mikhail is a charismatic scholar whose research has gained a lot of attracting from other scholars and the world as a whole. He has gained a large following especially from his students at Ney York Medical University where he is an associate professor.
Technology company Tempus, founded in 2015 by Eric Lefkofsky, wants to provide doctors at the University of Chicago data to assist in treatment of patients with breast cancer.Tempus has announced a partnership with the University of Chicago Medicine to provide molecular sequencing and analysis to breast cancer specialists to help them tailor individualized treatment plans for patients. Tempus will analyze data from about 1,000 breast cancer patients to assist in uncovering patterns to predict how patients will respond to treatment.Tempus uses machine learning and genomic sequencing to help with the treatment plans. The goal is for this information to lead to better treatment and patient outcomes.
Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade, professor of medicine and human genetics and dean for global health at the University of Chicago, said in a statement that specific genetic data could help physicians make better informed and targeted treatment decisions.In recent months, Tempus has entered into partnerships with the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, the Mayo Clinic, Rush University Medical Center, Penn Medicine and the University of Michigan to use information to battle cancer.In addition to acting as the CEO of Tempus, Eric Lefkofsky is also a founding partner of Lightbank and the co-founder and Chairman of Groupon, Mediaocean, Echo Global Logistics and InnerWorkings.
In 2006 Eric Lefkofsky established the Lefkofsky Family Foundation, a charitable foundation to advance high-impact initiatives that enhance lives in the communities served. Among other positions, Lefkofsky serves as a Trustee of Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, The Art Institute of Chicago, The Museum of Science and Industry and World Business Chicago. He is an adjunct professor at the University of Chicago and author of Accelerated Disruption. He graduated from the University of Michigan in 1991 and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School in 1993.
In a world where everyone is after a solution to the many problems ailing humans, professionals who make bold moves to challenges the problems are viewed as vital assets to the entire world. There are many diseases that have been depriving humans of the peace they desire and most of them are yet to find cure of better ways of controlling their effect. This explains the reason research institutes spend a lot on funding professionals who prove to have the mettle and ability to confront the challenge while pursuing solutions. People like Clay Siegall are the reason we have many drugs able to cure highly dangerous diseases.
He has been conducting research on finding appropriate methods of dealing with cancer and his effort seems to have bore fruits after many years making trials. Clay Siegall works with professionals from various parts of the world to pursue the menace in an effort to offer a solution that will once and for all put to an end the long standing worries about people losing lives due to the lack of an appropriate method of dealing with their problems.
Contribution to Seattle Genetics
As a founder and the CEO of Seattle Genetics, Clay Siegall has invested a lot of time and energy to building the company to a position where it is now able to conduct research and come up with solutions to various problems in the healthcare industry. The company has been investing more into research and looking for solutions to problems that threaten the lives of many.
At Seattle Genetics, Clay B. Siegall has been overseeing all the projects that are meant to offer answers to some diseases. Through this effort, the company was able to release ADCETRIS, which is helping in the fight against cancer. The success of the drug led to its adoption and approval in more than 60 countries and the research to advance its effectiveness further is still in progress. This effort will in few years allow more people to access quality healthcare services that will guarantee putting an end to the many challenges they face while dealing with different diseases.