A popular journal, Oncotarget is focused on the research of Oncology. The journal is published by the Impact Journals two times a week. Since its inception several years ago, Oncotarget has been able to transform the lives of numerous individuals. In 2015 only, Oncotarget is said to have published many papers more than any other journal in its category. The main aim of the journal is to make sure that they content get to be read by as many people as possible. They also seek to avail their content about scientific research to their readers as fast as possible. Oncotarget has been able to create many job opportunities for many people who serve on the journal’s editorial board and content contributors.Oncotarget mostly focuses its content on oncology although it has recently ventured into other sectors.
The journal has earned a reputation as a very reliable and efficient journal that is committed to revolutionizing the medical field. The primary objective behind the formation of Oncotarget was to bring together a multidisciplinary approach in the fields of endocrinology, metabolism, cancer, pharmacology and anti-aging. Oncotarget allows its readers to print any issue that they publish in case of a special demand. Readers can visit the journal’s site, read articles, review and even download them provided they cite the source of the content. The papers that are published by Oncotarget are judged mostly on their scientific merit as well as unbiased analysis.
Before being published, two or more editors at the journal have to review the content being published.The editors working at Oncotarget have a lot of experience and expertise in the scientific world. The Chief Editor at Oncotarget is Mikhail Blagosklonny. Mikhail is an experienced scientist who specializes in the field of oncology, cancer and anti-aging. Andrei Gudkov also serves as a chief editor at the oncology journal. The two editors have a lot of expertise and experience in the scientific world. The journal uses the latest technology in relaying scientific research results. The success of Oncotarget can be attributed to the hard work of its editor. The journal has managed to win several awards due to its contributions to the scientific world.
Dr. Mikhail Blagosklonny is a scientist who has specialized in the study of cancer and aging. He has had tremendous contribution in oncology as well as how to lengthen human life. As a professor of Oncology at Rosewell Park Cancer Institute, he uncovered a lot of data on cancer. Some of the biggest contributions include the significant role of Rapamycin and Sirolimus.
Some of the uses of Rapamycin and Sirolimus include:
- Due to its low toxicity level towards the kidneys, it is an active drug during the organ transplant. It helps in preventing long-term kidney failure due to the toxicity of the typical drugs used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation.
- The patients suffering from Hemolytic-uremic syndrome have high chances of contracting the same disease even after the kidney transplant. However, the drug significantly reduced the chances due to its low toxicity level.
- It’s an effective drug for treating a rare lung disease that affects women during childbirth known as LAM.
- It is used in the coating of the coronary stents.
- Sirolimus has excellent antiproliferative properties. As such is one drug that has shown great promise in treating cancer patients.
- Research has shown that Rapamycin is efficient in treating Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. It is a congenital disorder that affects the brain, heart, kidney as well, as other parts of the body.
- Rapamycin is used in the form of creams, gels or ointments to treat facial angiofibromas. These are butterfly-like rashes that occur on the face, nose, cheeks of a patient.
- Sirolimus has also proven to be effective in treating Alzheimer’s disease by reducing the brain Lesions.
- In the treatment of Muscular Dystrophy. Research is still being conducted whereby the drug is showing promise as being a possible cure for the disease.
- Research is still underway on how Rapamycin can be used to increase longevity. He already has used the drug to see its effects on mice, and it proved to grow their ability to deal with tuberculosis.
Rapamycin is one drug that has shown to be a game changer in the field of medicine. Research is still being conducted to test just how useful the drug is.Dr. Mikhail who acquired his bachelors and Ph.D. from Pavlov State Medical University has dedicated his experience and knowledge to studying antiaging and cancer. The professor is a philanthropist who is committed to making sure that the best cancer treatment is not just a luxury for the affluent in the society. He firmly believes that the medical field can come up with a cancer treatment option that is available to everyone in the world despite their socioeconomic standard.
According to Mikhail Blagosklonny, most of the current cancer treatment is not only expensive but also has a detrimental effect on the healthy body cells. Therefore, he is in research for a treatment option that will eliminate the cancerous cells while preserving the healthy cells. Dr. Mikhail is a charismatic scholar whose research has gained a lot of attracting from other scholars and the world as a whole. He has gained a large following especially from his students at Ney York Medical University where he is an associate professor.
In the recent past, Seattle Genetics, under the able leadership of Clay Siegall has been among the most discussed biotechnology firms not only in Bothell but also in the entire nation. This is primarily attributable to the exponential growth fostered by large financing rounds. In the recent information to the public domain, it is evident that the firm is planning to increase its public stock offering up to $522 from $480. To accomplish this, the company’s president and chief executive officer, Clay Siegall is keenly exploring the over-allotment option.
A dazzlingly overwhelming interest from potential investors is another key factor which has contributed to the growth of the firm. Investors are specifically keen to finance the growth of both capital and human resources. This is an addition to an earlier announcement that the president of the firm plans makes more investments in the drug pipeline so as to enhance their flagship cancer drug, Adcetris. This will serve as a blueprint which will propagate the entity to hire over 100 employees annually for a period of five years to raise its number of workers to around 100 by 2020.
Seattle Genetics is also considering acquiring more space in the Bothell region to enhance and accommodate growth. Since its inception in 1998, the enterprise has been operational and striving to lead in the provision of innovative products leveraging their unique model of operation. Clay Siegall, however, still considers the entity as one that is still budding, and as such, he is more oriented with the long-term goals as opposed to short-term ones.
Clay Siegall has been featuring a comprehensive and fruitful professional career for a long time. Siegall has served on the board of Mirna Therapeutics, Inc. since 2013. In addition, he holds a bachelor’s of science in Zoology from the renowned University of Maryland. Siegall has previously worked with the National Institute for Health, Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute as well as National Cancer Institute before he joined the well-performing Seattle Genetics. He additionally studies genetics at the reputed George Washington University.
As a trained scientist, in combination to possessing a high concern for targeted cancer therapies, Clay Siegall has managed to achieve a lot at Seattle Genetics. Clay Siegall notes that drug improvement practices and rigorous scientific research hold the future for the company.